What is BigQuery?
It’s a data warehouse that enables you to store vast amounts of data in the cloud. For our purposes, think of it as your database for storing your sales and marketing data all in one place. We can then run superfast SQL queries to visualise your data for analysis.
How much does it cost?
Most small businesses will fall within the “free” tier of BigQuery e.g. the first 10 GB of storage per month is free.
How long will this setup take?
Five minutes. Follow the instructions below.
1. Visit cloud.google.com/bigquery (while logged into your business Google Account)
2. Click “Get started for free”:
3. Check the boxes to accept the terms of service and hit “Continue”:
4. Enter your customer, business and billings data (don’t worry, you won’t be charged a penny and there is no autocharge), then hit “Start My Free Trial”:
5. You’ll now be inside “My First Project”. Create a new project:
6. Name your project “Ecommerce Growth Dashboard”:
7. Open the “Ecommerce Growth Dashboard” project that you just created:
8. On the left-hand nav, rollover “Admin” then “IAM”:
9. Click “Add”:
10. Under “New Members”, type email@example.com then under “Select a role” select Project then Owner:
11. Check “Send notification email” and hit “Save”: